Dear Graham,
"Count your blessings name them one by one,
count your many blessings and see what God has done"
These are some of my favorite words from an old hymn. You are the most perfect blessing from God and we could not be more grateful. Growing up your Pappadu would always correct me when I would say "I was lucky", he would always respond "we are not lucky Dani, we are BLESSED". I understand now why that was such a distinct difference. Every part of you is something uniquely designed by God that could never be out of luck. You are one of a kind.
I constantly wonder how such a tiny person could be full of so much JOY, but it overflows from you. Everything you do brings joy to our family. I hear so many people tell me that they are so sad their kids are growing up so fast. For me, I could not be more excited to watch you develop into such a healthy, beautiful, joyful, smart, talented, hilarious little boy.
(First time swimming... you loved it)
I took a few minutes today and just held you in my arms, I actually cried for a little while because I am so thankful for you. The surprising part is that these days you are constantly moving, but you let me hold you for quite a while. You must have known I needed a Mommy moment with you. I took a mental snapshot and it will be stored with me forever.
(Cheering on Mommy at her 10k race)
You have been such a healthy little man and we could not be more thankful for that. Your mommy is a little bit over the top about keeping you that way. I know that someday you are going to try to eat dirt and drink out of the toilet, but for today we will try not to expose you. You are 20 lbs, which we think is just perfect. You are helping mommy stay healthy by being a great running buddy. You would let us run with your stroller for hours if we could. Mommy ran a 10k this month with her friends to help us all get back in shape. You and your buddies were great sports!
(Hanging out with your buddies Olivia and Wyatt... only missing Tucker)
You are beautiful. You shine love in every way possible. Through your sweet deep brown eyes, to your cute little toes. Your smile sparkles (probably because your drooling a lot!)
(So excited that mom let you play pool inside)
You are joyful. You laugh and coo all day long. Your not saying mommy yet, but hopefully soon. You have started to sing when Mommy and Daddy sing and that is beautiful music to our ears. You are happy almost all day everyday. Unless you are tired or hungry you are ready to bring a smile to someones face.
(7 Month picture)
(Getting too big to hold still)
You are smart. This month you have almost learned to crawl. You get on all fours and move back and forth. You have learned to use your sippy cup and to pick up small pieces of food and put them in your mouth. You recognize your name now and look at us when we call to you. You mimic us when we do raspberries and you try to sing with us in the car. You are starting to pull up on things and can get into a sitting position from laying down. You can look for things you have dropped and are starting to drop cheerios for Bogey to eat:)
(Learning to hold yourself up...lowered your mattress)
| (Can't get enough of those two new teeth) |
![]() |
| (Mommy's running buddy) |
![]() |
| (Playtime with brudder Wyatt) |
![]() |
| (Thinking your Daddy is the BEST) |
| (Watching your Super Star Daddy run the Boston Marathon) |
![]() |
| (Daddy's cool new chew toy he got in Boston) |
| (First over night trip to MammaDu and Pappa Du's house) |
![]() |
| (Snuggles with PappaDu) |
![]() |
| (Trying so hard to crawl) |
You are hilarious. There are days when we just stare at each other and we both crack up laughing. You think your Daddy is the funniest person ever. Your Daddy and I always ask each other if you will always think we are funny. I doubt it, but for now it holds a sweet place in our hearts.
![]() |
| (Driving Auntie Sis' car) |
![]() |
| (Showing off your teefers) |
| (Celebrated Mommy and Daddy's 4 year wedding anniversary) |
You are LOVE. Your life in the past 7 months has shown us a brand new way to LOVE. Something we never even knew we had a place in our hearts for, has now transformed our lives. We try so hard to love you the way Christ loves you. We know that we will never be able to show you the perfect loves that only comes from God. We are trying our hardest though to show you Christ love through our marriage, friendships, conflicts and blessings. Our heart is that you will one day know God as the LOVE of your life.
(Play dates with your girlfriend Olivia)
I sit back and think of all the things that you are and all the things you will do with your life. I hope that you will always know these things:
-First, you are a precious child of God
-we will always LOVE you no matter what
-life will bring challenges and those can be blessings
- you are smart, important and treasured
-My whole heart for my whole life.....-Mom




















No comments:
Post a Comment