Thursday, March 31, 2011

New York


My mom, sister and I spent this last weekend in New York City for my mom and I's birthdays. We had such a great time. I had not been to the city since we were little and lived in New Jersey. I can not believe how big it is! Luckily Erin has been several times and was an amazing travel agent and tour guide! We were a little apprehensive about navigating, but she never led us astray.

We stayed at an amazing little boutique hotel called The Surrey that was about a block off of Central park and a little ways away from all the hoopla:) It was amazing, they were so friendly, our room was gorgeous and they left us apples everyday, which for this preggers was like heaven!!


We were go go go every day and walked about 10 miles a day but I am glad we got to see so much of the beautiful city! Some of the things we did:
-Saw Memphis the Musical


-Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and at an amazing pizza place called Grimaldi's



-Went to so great shops, my favorites were ABC Carpet and Fishs Eddy's
-Went to Mary Poppin's
-Took a morning walk through Central Park


-Had cupcakes at Magnolia's Cupcakes (Red Velvet of course)




-Spent time in Times Square


- Went to Rockafellar Center (where they have a two story Anthropology, amazing!)

-Ate at Carmine's Deli (the biggest Ruben I have ever seen in my life)
-Had dinner at Fig and Olive and an amazing Rissotoria
-Went down to see Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge


Wow, to many other things to remember. All I know is that we had an amazing time and my feet were sore!

Thanks to Mom and Erin for such an amazing trip, one we will never forget!! Love you both.





1 comment:

Mike&Erin said...

Love you preggers!!! So much fun.