Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Best Dog Ever

Our family received some very sad news this week that our family dog Howdy is going to have to be laid to rest on Saturday. Howdy has been battling nose bleeds for the past month and my parents recently took him to the doctor which revealed that he has developed untreatable cancer in his nose and head.

Howdy has been the most incredible dog anyone could ever ask for. He was a true companion to every member of my family. He would be 12 years old this year. We are happy that he has lived a completely healthy and full life to this point. I know that we will all miss him greatly but are encouraged to know that he will not have to suffer through a battle with cancer.

A few picture of Howdy from over the years:





3 comments:

Ron said...

Awww, Dani. I'm sorry. Howdy has been one of the best dogs ever. I'll never forget wrestling with him on your family room floor in Colorado. (No, I didn't particularly want to wrestle. He just insisted on holding my entire hand in his mouth!) And if you look at the pictures, his head is at least as big as yours! He will be missed. I know that your dad is going to grieve. I'll keep an eye on him for you.

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, babe. I can't imagine what that's like. I'll be thinking about you and your fam on Saturday. Love you.

Linda said...

Howdy really has been the greatest dog! Not another like him. . .he will be so missed.