Thursday, September 20, 2012

We've been low key... we're still the same ol' D

Thinking today that we have almost solely dedicated this blog to Graham this year. While I am convinced that he is indeed the most interesting thing happening in our lives this year. David and I are still here:) I was a little convicted this week at church where our pastor spoke on not allowing your children to be your idols or the center of your lives or marriage. 

So in an effort to create a Christ centered home and putting our marriage first, I feel as though our blog needs a little D AND D time. 

So what is up with us? The parents, the husband, the wife, the daughter, the son, the friend ... LOTS:)

Here are some highlights on what has been happening in our lives since being parents, while being parents.

David and I last few hours as a family of TWO:)


 A much needed first outing to our annual Dillard/Sander Christmas party!
Going to the Gaylord for the Ice Show: Shrek. We loved it!
 
David ran the Boston Marathon this year. He did amazing. We had a great trip of sight seeing, great food, fun culture and date nights.
 In the dug out after the Red Sox vs. Rangers game

On the ferry headed over to see Old Iron Sides, David was a trooper touring the city on foot one day after running the Boston Marathon
 
We celebrated my 27th Birthday, with cupcakes of course! Fort Worth Food Truck park is one of our favorite places to go.

 (Notice the Veggie Truck in the background) David's favorite. How did we end up with such different tastes! HA. Don't be alarmed both those cupcakes are mine:)

 Had a great time spending girl time in Waco for Baylor Sing. Love my Super Supper Club!
 We have really enjoyed spending time with cousin Ryan, Sis and Miggs. 
(Had to include this picture, don't they look great!)


 Fun times at my parents house. This pic is of David, Mike and Dad playing neighborhood golf. Their favorite activity.
Ohhh Bogey. Don't worry Bogey is still here. Gets a little less (A LOT LESS)
 attention but is doing great!

Hobbies? Well.... David is running, running and running. I am just trying to keep up, well that's an over statement I am just trying to think about trying to keep up:)

 10 k with the Super Supper Club. Great job guys! 
Love proving to everyone that we can do more than eat:)
Although we did have a fabulous breakfast afterwards.
Here is David after running 26.2 miles in 95 degree weather in Boston. Looks like he could do it again!
David's triathlon with his brother in law Ryan and Brian 
 
David sporting his sponsored Xttera Gear.
 If you know me at all I love some free gear!


Let the parties begin! Celebrating Caylin's wedding at her Bachlorette Party

Caylin and Jonathan's Wedding weekend. 

My HOT date
Fun times with friends




The beautiful Bride



Dixon's wedding weekend festivities!








 Other happenings? I continue to dabble in the creative arts business. I have had the opportunity to make several graphic design projects. This address canvas is one of my favorites.


Fun light bright sign I made for Caylin's wedding shower/ wedding

Love making invites! These were for my sisters baby shower in January
 
Our latest adventure was saying good bye to the "Juice Box" element and becoming a Subaru family. We couldn't be happier to have two reliable cars! 
Well that pretty much sums up David and I this last year. David continues to thrive at his job as a Fitness Manager, managing 12 personal trainers at 24 Hour Fitness. I continue to fall more in love every day with being a part time stay at home mom:) I also continue to love working my two night shifts at our local Children's Hospital. The Emergency Room has been busy and I am seeing it with a new lens as a mommy. I love the new perspective I get to bring to both my work as a Child life specialist and as a mom. 

Until, we meet again (Hopefully not a whole year from now)
-D AND D

1 comment:

Ron said...

Living your dream! Glad to see you guys are doing well