Thursday, November 3, 2011

Graham's Arrival


Wow, our first month with Graham has gone by so fast! I find myself wanting time to stand still, while he is so tiny. We are busy soaking up every moment of him (even if it is in the middle of the night). For those of you who don't keep up with us on Facebook, Graham was born on October 7th and weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz. I ended up having him via c-section that evening after a day full of no progress. Graham's little heart rate kept dropping following my contractions, so we decided collectively to have him via c-section before it became an emergent option. He arrived safe and sound and we could not be more in love.

Life at home has changed A LOT!!! Graham adds a wonderful new energy to our home. Bogey was not sure what to think about his new baby brother at first but they are adapting very well now. Bogey is certain to come get me if Graham is crying (as if I can't hear him) and sleeps by my feet while I wake during the night to feed him.

Recovery time from the c-section was a little more intense than I expected, but I am happy to report that I am on the go now! My parents and sister spent several days with us. They have been a huge help! You don't realize how many hands it takes to keep everything running when you have a newborn!

Who does he look like? People ask me all the time. Here is a side by side of David and Graham. Look a like much??/ Ha... no denying who is daddy is.

Graham loves to take walks and we do so frequently. I have not quite ventured out to taking him and Bogey, so for now Bogey has gotten the back burner until David gets home.

Speaking of David. Words can't describe what an amazing Daddy he is. I mean you always anticipate that they will be good. But he is a GREAT dad. After the C-Section, I dont know what I would have done with out him. He really stepped in like a natural. You would never know it is his first baby. He keeps us all calm when the days get long. He started a new job the week before Graham arrived, which has been such a blessing. It does mean long days as he doesn't get home till 8:30 most nights, but we are thankful for his new management position. He is a natural leader and I am so excited to see what he does with his new role.


Our days right now consist of lots of feeding, sleeping and walks. We usually try and get out at least once every other day. We are starting to get the hang of it. We have had lots of visitors which has been such a blessing. We love to see our friends and share our new baby with them!

Pretty sure I should write a book about the funny things that happen when you are sleep deprived, at least a blog post but that is for another day:) For now here is our little happy feet.

I do not return to work until January, so I am soaking up this time off with my sweet little one. More to come when I have more time:) (ha)

No comments: