Saturday, August 23, 2008

Beautiful Blessings

What a beautiful blessing David and I received on Friday evening. My precious sister and amazing brother in law, had planned on coming over Friday night for pizza at my house. To my surprise they had spent the entire day 9-4 working on an amazing surprise for David and I. We I arrived home on Friday afternoon after a long day at work Erin and Mike led me to the backyard. When I opened my eyes, what I saw before me was BREATH TAKING. They had spent their entire day off from work LANDSCAPING OUR BACKYARD!! 

It is absolutely incredible. There is an entire corner of our yard that is outlined with natural stone. Inside the landscape bed they put a Crepe myrtle tree, an oak tree, 2 knock out rose bushes, flowers, a holly bush, and a few other that I don't know the names of. They also put in a water feature that runs off my sprinkler system, so it can run all time. They included a special prayer angel as well to let us know they are always praying for us.

In the opposite corner of the yard they put in a bigger Crepe Myrtle tree and two plants that resemble the plants they have in South Carolina all over the place. These are very special to David and I because we just got married in South Carolina. 

I think the most beautiful part of it all was not the plants at all, it is Mike and Erin's beautiful hearts. They truly bless us in so many ways. But to have this tangible reminder of their selfless heart is such a blessing to David and I. 

Thank you Mike and Erin for being true servants. You will never know how much this has meant to David and I. I love you both so much and strive to have the spirit and gift of giving like the two of  you.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! Here are some pictures of our new backyard.










4 comments:

Rachel said...

I kinda got emotional reading your post... that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard! It all looks beautiful, and I can't wait to see it in person sometime! xoxo

Lindsey said...

dani, i too got emotional reading this! i love seeing you and your sister together b/c ya'll really do have a special connection. i LOVE your landscaping and will want to copy it in the near future. (Since one of us is always copying the other in some way.) Soon you should get a puppy to enjoy the landscaping also! ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous! Maybe they can come down to Houston and do ours :) he he J/K
It looks beautiful! I know that yall are so proud of it. It is nice to have something to look at when you go in your back yard.
I am so glad that you have decided to become apart of the blogging world! It is so nice to be able to check in and see what yall are up to. I miss yall so much and can't wait to see yall again. I will check on that first week in October. I need to start thinking about her birthday party.
Have a good week!

Love you guys,
Leslie

Linda said...

WOW! This is so beautiful! As are the hearts of Erin and Mike. Love to you both, Linda